Joystick modification

While I wait for the glue to dry between the LCD and the enclosure, I drilled the hole for the power switch and soldered up connections for the 9V battery. Also, I started with the joystick modifications. I bought a small two-axis thumb joystick a long time ago and thought I should try to use it here.



I like the thumb stick but for the enclose it was a little too big so I ditched the rubber/plastic top a made a new one out of a pen top (aluminum) that I had and a bit of heat shrink tubing:
Joystick



Lacking foresight at the time, I did not purchase a breakout board for the joystick. I had to make do with a JeePlug. I will have to wire it up later:
Joystick breakout
Joystick breakout



I still don’t think I will be able to get full motion of the stick even though I reduced the tip size. This is due to the cramped spot that I want to fit all the controls in. I will have to see when my rotary encoders and buttons get here.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s