Smooth sailing

I finally finished the hardware rework for Ticki and this time I was extra careful with all the soldering and testing. I still ran into some unknown problem with the apostrophe LED (I need it for the degree symbol when measuring temp), but that was fixed by nudging the solder pin a little (probably a short contact somewhere). I have mentioned earlier that I shorted out the RTC battery. This meant that I no longer have a working clock, but I did manage to make progress with the temperature sensor (LM335). The setup I have for it now is the most basic with no hardware calibration (calibration is done in the software). Unfortunately I do not have a thermometer handy so I cannot calibrate it, but the coding is done. Now the main concern is the user interface. I have the basic buttons all laid out already, but some fine tuning is still needed to make it smooth and flawless.

Temperature reading


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s